ValvTechnologies has opened a new assembly and global sourcing facility in South Indian Metro City, India, to meet growing demand for its valves and to help reduce in the Middle East, Asia and Australia.
Why is ValvTechnologies opening a new facility in India?
“Our new India operation will serve as the hub for ValvTechnologies sourcing in this part of the world,” explained Prabhakar. “With onsite vendor selection, project monitoring and product inspection, our customers will experience an increased focus on service and faster delivery. This is key to supporting our valued customers in Asia, the Middle East and Australia,” said Prabhakar, Managing Director, ValvTechnologies Private Limited.
• Increase sales, contributing to ValvTechnologies growth
• Geographically suited to support Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia
• Large and established vendor-base
• Large number of valve companies already based in India
• A workforce that is plentiful, highly skilled, motivated and educated
Goal: Procure and assemble ball valves in India for the Asian, Middle Eastern and
• Faster response time for customers in the region
• Increased competitiveness to open up Asia, Middle East and Australasian markets
• Establish a high quality regional supply chain
• Margin and category growth in all industry areas (ex mining)
• 5/8” - 4“ bore size V1 series ball valves
• 2 - 12” NexTech®
• Other valves up to 1000 Kgs (1 ton) weight
Update as of August 2013:
• An assembly operation with requisite infrastructure has been set up
• Three production employees hired. These employees have completed assembly training.
• Parts for assembly of valves have been shipped from Houston to produce 200 valves
• The parts would facilitate assembly of V1 valves in sizes 3/8”, 5/8” and 1-1/16” up to pressure
• For ISO 9000 certification, auditor from DNV India has visited the assembly facility
• Field Service area established and will be fully commissioned by Sean Rhatigan
• Assembly training/production started 12 August 2013
• India facilities is currently staffed with eight employees.
Click here to download a PDF of this product focus.